*AuthorTopic: Crashing  (Read 1635 times)

Active members:
Seedy(1) Plasma(2)

Seedy

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Crashing
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:59:38 AM »
I bet there's already a post on this somewhere. I have been getting some crashes on payload and like just this morning I was on goldrush for probably 3 minutes and it crashed. Ive seen many other ppl crashing as well. Perhaps its just goldrush doing it I'm not sure tho :'(
SeeDy

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:48:31 AM »
Unfortunately, the latest patch from Valve "Love and War" has been crashing clients for still unknown reasons.There's not much we can do server-side at the moment, except maybe disabling the new taunts, see if that helps.

These en-masse clients crashes have been reported by other server ops, so it's not a problem specific to our servers. We've seen these kind of clients crashes in the past, especially when new items were introduced, weapons with "strange new" abilities and taunts.

When these en-masse clients crashes occur, the server usually stays online, but a map change is required to stop these from happening over and over again.

Hopefully, Valve will figure out the issue and release another patch soon.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Crashing
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
Today's update is supposed to fix a lot of client crashes related to the BASE Jumper among other new items.
Hopefully that will stop the en masse crashes.
Public Group:
--
Private Group: