*AuthorTopic: Lag Feedback  (Read 8641 times)

Spiritwind

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Lag Feedback
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
Well, the host I personally use is Nfoservers.com;
I have the 10 core VDS package you can see from this link.
http://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php

Its a bit spendy, but the processor is top knotch quality (Couldent tell you exactly what it is, but when I looked it up its price on newegg was $1800. 

Using that package I ran 2 Garrys Mod Servers, 1 Tf2 Servers, and 2 Minecraft Servers with top knotch performance on all of them (None of the 10 cores reaching over 80% usage). 

Right now the price of that package might not be feasable for you guys however, but if you are looking into expanding in the near future, I would definently check them out. 

I presumed it was just the client that was not Linux Compatible, I was not aware the dedicated server was not linux compatible (Guess thats another reason my community should not look into the ns2 route). 

Yeah, @ $50 a  month, a Ns2 server dosent sound very appealing, since custom cotent/sup perks aren't very viable in ns2. 

Twisted_Shadow

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Back From Vacation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »
Ya, Im noticing Lag Now... 35Minutes in and Im getting my Normal Ping, But Im Boomeranging A LOT

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
We now have a new 20 slot server, hosted on a separate machine.
HyperionGaming.org *NEW* | NS2 | West Coast: IP: 74.91.118.234:27015

Please give it a try and let us know if you're still experience lag/stuttering. Performance should be much better than on the old server.

As for the current server, we will have to decrease player slots to 16 + 2 reserved slot and possibly to 14 + 2. We will do these changes when Donor benefits are live for the NS2 servers.
Public Group:
--
Private Group: