*AuthorTopic: Server Latency.  (Read 1933 times)

Active members:
Dave(1) SpartanX(2)

SpartanX

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Server Latency.
« on: March 14, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
As some of you know i've been playing on this server pretty much since last September without any issues at all, however as of lately i have noticed that at least once or twice per game the ping of everybody playing in the server goes really high.  I usually run on average at around 20ms ping and as of lately i have been checking everybody ping during games and out of the blue lot of people on the server are displaying more than 4 times their normal ping including me.

I keep an eye on my network meter while i'm playing to see how much Bandwidth and traffic am pulling and everytime i've noticed the latency go really high for everybody my bandwidth use is pretty much normal meaning TF2 has plenty of it in order to not lag.

So i was wondering if you guys can look into it.

Thank you.

Spartan X

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
Re: Server Latency.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:04 AM »
Thanks for bringing this up, SpartanX.

We were investigating a lag issue last night. It may be related to some of the latency spikes you've seen. Can you please type "net_graph 3" in console to check your loss, and send me a PM describing what you see for "loss". Loss is normally around 0.

Also, keep in mind if both teams are at an impass and are spamming turrets, grenades, etc., you will sometimes see latency spikes.

Thanks.
-Dave
Co-Admin

SpartanX

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Server Latency.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
Yea i've thought of all the different variables that could induce any kind of lag however the issue has presented sometimes during the setup stage, like i would be running out of base to get in position and all of a sudden i would notice i'm frame skipping, check my latency and bam everybody is sky high.