*AuthorTopic: Suggestions and Feedback for Payload Server  (Read 2992 times)

Active members:
Plasma(1) cumsister666(2)

cumsister666

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Suggestions and Feedback for Payload Server
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:28:10 AM »
Hi I have been playing on the Hyperion Payload server for a long while.

I tend to change my name often but ATM I am ・✧MICHEL✧・ on Steam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have decided to post about some views I have regarding the server.

There are a few things I have noticed that could be improved.

1) The ability to nominate maps

2) Adding all the new/old maps to rotation

Only reason I post here is because many others have agreed with me in game about these issues  and its been frustrating me so hopefully I get some feedback here. Some maps that were removed from the rotation are already missed, and the new maps rarely show up on map selection. Enabling the nomination of maps could fix this.

It's a great server and I hate seeing it not being taken advantaged fully. I honestly believe people would enjoy the server more with these changes. I also think it would widen the community (which hopefully will one day spread to the cp server).

Hope this input helps.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Suggestions and Feedback for Payload Server
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
Hey MICHEL,

Thanks for the suggestions.

To answer quickly:
Nominating maps doesn't work with our mapchooser. It picks maps based on previous maps played, number of players on the server, current day and time. There's also different weights for each maps. That means that between 2AM-10AM PST, you're not likely to see many custom maps if at all.

Currently all custom maps have the same weight, and there are many. That means you'll probably never see the 7 new custom maps picked in a row. Also, when the server crashes or an admin changes map manually, it resets the system for a map or two. That's why the only options usually after are either badwater or goldrush.

We can adjust map weights, etc... but this is too early right now. On Sunday afternoon, the server died because two custom maps were played in a row. Please keep in mind that the goal is to balance custom maps and server traffic.

As for the old custom maps, which ones specifically would you like to see added back? Here's the current rotation, you'll see the maps removed at the bottom: http://hyperiongaming.org/index.php?topic=539.0

Basically, let's be patient a bit. We've only added the maps 4-5 days ago, and we're still gathering feedback on each new map.

EDIT:
I've removed your two other similar threads. This is the best board for this discussion.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

cumsister666

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions and Feedback for Payload Server
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »
Well that's unfortunate but I do understand the reasons behind it.

I thoroughly enjoyed pl_metropolis_b5 and wish it would be added again to the rotation.

I also think that you should look into getting pl_mesa_b2 into the rotation as well. I've played this a few times and it seems like a lot of fun.

I just love variety. Thanks for hearing me out.