*AuthorTopic: Server Pallet Swap Event  (Read 610 times)

ApatheticMango

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Server Pallet Swap Event
« on: November 21, 2013, 01:20:12 AM »
I was wondering if we could have a server wide event where people would get Pallets and all use them at the same time on the server when Holiday Crates are released.

I find it a hassle to try to get Holiday Crates when they first come out, and they seem to sell for a decent amount of Metal even if you aren't going to open them. Also, there's always that chance of a Salvaged Crate. Obviously this can be annoying if you don't want your Inventory filled up with a ton of crates, but for those of us that want Holiday crates, it could be a great way to get them.

One idea is to lock the All Chat server for half an hour when traffic is low, have Admins invite people who want in on the Pallet Swap, and when everybody who wants to participate is inside, go nuts. People who have Pallets to use gets to come in first, and then if people who just want the crates can come in they can.

EDIT:
The maximum of players that can get crates from the Pallet is 24, so we'd have to limit the slots too if we do decide to lock the server. Pallets can give up to 2 crates per person, and you can never get crates from your own Pallet.

TL;DR;
When the Holiday Crates are out
Everybody get Pallets
Everybody join the Server
Use the Pallets
????
Profit
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:27:38 AM by ApatheticMango »

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
Re: Server Pallet Swap Event
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 10:48:16 AM »
It's definitely an interesting idea.
If there's a demand for that kind of event, we can try to set it up. Let's see if there are 23 other people interested :)
--
(I could even potentially open a temporary server just for that purpose.)
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Jukie

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Server Pallet Swap Event
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »
I would join this event/server. lets get a time set to party! Can we try to restrict to people who have a pallet to share with the rest of the server? Ill check back later to see if this has more interest.