18 (10.6%)
pl_repository_rc3
14 (8.2%)
pl_rivercrossing_rc2a
18 (10.6%)
pl_stovepipe_b3
18 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

*AuthorTopic: Map Suggestions (let's add something new!)  (Read 34032 times)

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Map Suggestions (let's add something new!)
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:26 PM »
I can't join the server as it keeps saying "...missing [new map name here]...". Should the game not have updated those for me?

We should have a zip file with all current maps in it to simplify situations like this.

*off to manually install missing maps*

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2014, 07:11:58 PM »
Are you sure your settings allow for custom content downloads?
As for an offline map downloader, we already have one here:
http://hyperiongaming.org/index.php?topic=539.0
Scroll down a bit and download the MapDownloader tool. Just follow the instructions and it will download all current custom maps.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2014, 08:57:50 AM »
DOH!  :-[

Yeah, forgot I changed it a while back while testing something and forgot to change it back. All fixed now. :)

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2014, 08:01:35 PM »
cp_steel
cp_dustbowl
cp_gravelpit
cp_coldfront
cp_egypt_final
cp_coldfront
cp_process_final
ctf_sawmill
ctf_doublecross
koth_harvest_final
ctf_convoy_v2
cp_obscure_final

maybe throw in these a couple of times a week to keeps things fun.
cp_degrootkeep

I got severely bored of payload already. Mix things up a bit. Just imagine the interesting ways the quality players in hyperion do in capture the flag or king of the hill maps. I have been playing in this server for so long that "push the cart" is engraved in my mind when i think about TF2. TF2 is MUCH more than just payload.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:15:57 PM by chuy409 »

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »
I'm with you Chuy. Change is a good thing.

I get this image in my head of a video I saw back in the 80's. It was a dog pushing a rock with his nose and that tool from that terrible TV show was dubbed over saying "pushing a rock, pushing a rock, pushing a rock...." in a "dumb voice". It's kinda how I feel with payload. "Pushing the cart, pushing the cart, pushing the cart, pushing the cart...." /dumb dog voice

Yup, change would be good.

Maybe a "non payload day" day. Weekly, monthly, something.

Christian

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »
cp_steel
cp_dustbowl
cp_gravelpit
cp_coldfront
cp_egypt_final
cp_coldfront
cp_process_final
ctf_sawmill
ctf_doublecross
koth_harvest_final
ctf_convoy_v2
cp_obscure_final

maybe throw in these a couple of times a week to keeps things fun.
cp_degrootkeep

I got severely bored of payload already. Mix things up a bit. Just imagine the interesting ways the quality players in hyperion do in capture the flag or king of the hill maps. I have been playing in this server for so long that "push the cart" is engraved in my mind when i think about TF2. TF2 is MUCH more than just payload.
agreed. We've been talking about adding a CP server. I dont know if making a mix PL/CP map is a good thing. You add variety but you also alienate people who only like PL maps or only CP maps. So you end up with one server trying to satisfy everybody--and so you're stuck in the cycle.

I say let the player choose what kind of server he wants to play in at that time, PL exclusive or CP exclusive.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:49:20 AM by Chainspell »

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »
I'm all for trying a CP server. I don't like mixing game modes though, it just doesn't work well for configuration purposes. I also think it makes more sense to pick a server based on game mode.
--
Right now, it would most likely mean replacing Payload #2 with CP maps (along with a name change obviously).
There are a few questions such as max slots, and other details, but that will just require some tweaks as we go along.
--
My main goal is to avoid running empty servers. At this point, I could add 2-3 additional TF2 servers running a bunch of different configurations. Most likely, these servers would be empty 80% of the time because our community doesn't need that many slots. Basically, I'd rather grow slowly than aim too high and waste money.

I'd rather have only 2 servers with 24/7 active players than 10-15 servers empty 60% of the time.
--
We probably should start a new thread, but it would interesting to know if you guys prefer 24 or 32 slots (or anything in between) for CP, a static mapcycle or a map vote like we're currently using on Payload, alltalk or not, include custom maps or not, etc...
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »
Totally agree with the 2 working servers vs multiple with empty servers.

A new thread may be in order for all those questions. I know I have my thoughts on the matter.

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »
yea. server #2 is mostly empty. It would be good to have a payload and CP server. That way, the regulars dont have to be bunching into one server. It would bring a good mix. I am definitely going spend a good time in CP server before going back to payload. And i dont think it should be server #2 anymore. Both servers have their own game mode.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:33:40 PM by chuy409 »

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2014, 02:54:27 PM »
Ok, I'll take a stab at these here. I really like this idea of a CP server! I'm kinda school girl giddy over the idea actually.  :D

24 or 32 slots (or anything in between) for CP,
a static mapcycle or a map vote,
alltalk or not,
include custom maps or not, etc...

Start with 24. It's what the game is designed for. You can always change it later, either way. It's harder to go from 32 to 24 in my opinion rather than the other way around. PL being 32 already and what regs are used to, wouldn't be as "drastic" for the regs as I think going from 32 to 24 would be. Just my opinion of course.

I'd like to see static, at least for a trial period. With the current vote system, I find we just keep cycling the same maps over and over and over. I'm quite sick of a few of them. I could live with never playing Goldrush again for example. (Though admittedly it's not won quite as much lately when I've been on.)

Not! A thousand times not! Team based games are pointless when the other team knows what's coming. The only time alltalk is appropriate IMO is after the round is finished and you are waiting for the map to change. (How SOP had it and what I am used to. I kinda miss it actually.)

I'm all for custom maps. Until Hyperion I've always played servers as Valve intended, excluding 32 slot. Most of my time has been on 32 slot servers. The rest was default however. So no customs. I've enjoyed the customs since I started playing here. A breath of fresh air if you will.

Well, that's my thoughts on the matter. I hope other members share their thoughts and we get good feedback on this, no matter the opinion. Again, I am rather excited for it to happen so please speak up anyone in support. I know I'd appreciate it. :)

H. McCringleberry

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2014, 11:35:17 AM »
If you're thinking about a purely cp server, I'd reccomend mixing it up a bit with some koth or something.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »
I've been a bit busy, and Valve has decided to make things more complicated for us with some big changes to Quickplay. I'll make a post about your suggestions above for a CP server and Quickplay soon.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Sandie

• Ex-Server Admin
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Oh hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2014, 04:25:30 AM »
I think a CP server would be great. I like all talk personally but sometimes it's also nice to be able to switch teams when you don't want to hear someone on voice lol. I would just go with 32 players .. the more better! Otherwise i think we have enough donators that what happens when all 24 are people that have donated?. Much less chance of that on 32.

Wolfpup

• Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »
Yeah I'm going to change my 24 slot opinion to 32. 24 might actually feel weird after all this time.