*AuthorTopic: crocodile [whatever] and the rest of the "down under" hazing  (Read 10099 times)

CapnUSA

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
crocodile [whatever] and the rest of the "down under" hazing
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »
Admins should look into the extreme grief(ing) by these individuals.  Observing from within the server these last several weeks, Drak and vhalin are causing quite a stir among their peers.  I suggest these individuals stop mocking the admins and players and play the game as it's meant to be played--fun and enjoyable without grief or cyber-bullying.  This (CYBER-BULLYING) is what it has become in the last few weeks.  Many players are becoming agitated by these few individuals.  Listening to comments (complaints) about their constant hazing is becoming more popular on the server than actual game play.  Looking at the forums, two admins are under scrutiny for their actions based on this hazing.  I would suggest reviewing the individual(s) rather than the admins for doing their job in making the server a better place for all types of gamers.  These individuals are attempting to distract from the real issue--their own childish behavior.  These individual(s) know they are absolutely wrong, but continue in their mocking.  So... To Whom It May Concern, I suggest a quick resolution after fact finding and an appropriate response--one that should not be taken lightly on disciplinary measures.  A simple slap on the hand (so-to-speak) on this subject will not suffice.
When someone rants and raves for more than 10 minutes defending oneself, then guilt becomes more suspect of that person.

John from Sweden

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: crocodile [whatever] and the rest of the "down under" hazing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »
I just left the server and are thinking of migrating to another. They bullying ppl, myself included. It used to be such a friendly server :(
These were online when I left

Hyperiongaming.org | Payload | West Coast [Stats]
version : 2369699/24 2369699 secure
udp/ip  : 66.151.138.182:27015  (public ip: 66.151.138.182)
steamid : [G:1:2866] (85568392920042290)

# userid name                uniqueid            connected ping loss state
#   
#      9 "Outback Jack {EMC}"       [U:1:36631511]       1:50:49    80    0 active
#     68 "Koala Hugger{EMC}"       [U:1:47026452]       1:18:31   111   0 active
#     67 "Crocodile Dundee{EMC}" [U:1:153891560]     1:18:40    58    0 active
#     85 "Crocodile Hunter{EMC}"  [U:1:4010]                 49:04     60    0 active

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:25:35 AM by John from Sweden »

Vic-Dog

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:27:44 AM »
I agree, I bailed out of a game tonight because of the EMC crew.
I'll migrate as well because I don't play to get stressed out. This group has been
brought up numerous times and never in a positive way. Are the admins going to do anything
about them or is it time to move on?

John from Sweden

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:48:24 AM »
I've owned and run numerous servers in TF2, Gmod (RP), Counter-Strike, Half-Life and Insurgency.
You need highly specified rules that you make sure are followed.
And you might think that a set time ban could work, say you ban someone a week for racism, but they usually come back with an even more hostile intent towards the server.
I, on the other hand, never accepted donations, so money wasn't involved (it might be harder to ban a paying customer, so to speak).
A strong admin "presence" will always make a server prosper.
I AM from Sweden so excuse any spelling error and stuff.

crocodilefighter

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 02:19:01 AM »
I understand that a lot of you guys are upset, but for what? Enforcer talked to us and he's okay with the tag now and we're friends. He said he has to wait a while to get to know us before he invites us to the group to make it official.

What is this hazing you speak of? What is this cyber-bullying? Where is the proof, you're just gonna say you don't like us and that's why we should be banned?

-Boxing Kangaroo/Kangaroo Boxer

vhalin

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:36:51 AM »
Cap'n USA, I remember you, I didn't say anything to you and you kept repeatedly calling me COCKadile Hunter while you and Enforcer would gang up on me. I just want to be able to play in peace without anyone getting upset, I really do enjoy the players on the server, and the community as a whole and I don't want you to leave. I'm not sure if you knew that Enforcer and I squashed our beef, buried the hatchet and are beyond that. We both talked to a mutual friend first and then I sent him a friends request and he extended out the olive branch, he's a really mature guy and after we came to an understanding I have a lot of respect for the guy. I don't mean to describe you as angry person but I think you just started disliking me when enforcer and I had our problems and then didn't realize we worked past it and are still mad at me for something that should no longer be a problem.

John From Sweden, I remember you too, the first time we played together we were working well together while you were giving me lots of heals. We were both talking A LOT and we were both exchanging complements and praise about enforcer. The next time you played with me was when we were ENC. The next time you logged on was tonight, and I told you enforcer and I squashed our beef and he's okay with us tagging up now. I didn't insult or troll or say anything of that nature. I even sent you a friends request to which you denied.

Please tell me where me or any of my down under m8s bullied you? Fact is we didn't.

Vic-Dog

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 02:39:44 AM »
In my case it's the constant team stacking and re-stacking after being auto balanced.
Last night I was on for a bit over 2 hours with you guys and you had 5 members on your
team and you didn't lose one round for the entire time I played.  You guys did lots of taunting
which is lame when you come in to rape a pub. People try to be polite to you guys and tell you
about the team stacks and shit talk and we get the same bullshit as this:

'What is this hazing you speak of? What is this cyber-bullying? Where is the proof, you're just gonna say you don't like us and that's why we should be banned?"

Pretending you don't know what you're doing is plain insulting to anyone who has played with you gentlemen.

John from Sweden

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 09:27:51 AM »
This is the first server I've been a regular on that permits clan impersonation and general bullshit. That's just fucking lame.
Well I'm taking my $5 to another server (like anybody cares hahaha).
Nice playing with ya, Rina, godwetrust, enforcer, tiger, bigfoot, lidell, cowking, daBush etc  :-*

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 10:40:13 AM »
What about me? :( *poke poke* :P

Please don`t leave! Give us a chance to fix this......please. Your a good member of the community and I/we really don`t want to lose you!!

iShank

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 11:39:59 AM »
I sat in spec and watched Dundee do it tonight. I mentioned that they were team stacking again. Our Admins need to police this. This is a pub.

In my case it's the constant team stacking and re-stacking after being auto balanced.
Last night I was on for a bit over 2 hours with you guys and you had 5 members on your
team and you didn't lose one round for the entire time I played.

You seem to always go back to teamstacking and how it is such a problem for you. Well for the past 2 and a half years that I have played on Hyperion, teamstacking was never really brought up. Not when T2D played and stacked on the server, not when NRG played and stacked on the server, and definitely not today when RNG is playing and stacking on the server. It does seem a bit surprising that this became such an issue to you in such a short period of time, conveniently when the newest members of EMC started playing together on the same team. The thing is - teamstacking has been going on for a long time and I just think you have never seen it used to such a high rate of success. Singling out the EMC crew for teamstacking is very biased and one-sided.

This is the first server I've been a regular on that permits clan impersonation and general bullshit. That's just fucking lame.
Nice playing with ya, Rina, godwetrust, enforcer, tiger, bigfoot, lidell, cowking, daBush etc  :-*

In case you didn't know, there is no clan impersonation going on. Oh and general bullshit has also been happening for the past 2 years. Welcome to the server.

chuy409

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 12:18:07 PM »
This trend appears to be growing rapidly. I did not know people were being offended by these people. What are the reasons behind this? I occasionally get taunted (not literally in-game but via chat) when one them kills me but I really dont get offended it. But it certainly doesnt work in their defense in the case of this thread.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:29:04 PM by chuy409 »

vhalin

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 02:46:09 PM »

Actually, I care. We had fun playing together the first time you played, I honestly have no idea what I did to offend you.

I just browsed a few communities looking for rules on clan impersonation, and not yet have I found anything about clan tagging besides clans that run a server. (I.E.: TN, Lotus).

Here on sourceOP this is where you played with enforcer for several years, it says nothing about clan tags but it does say something about players attempting to enforce arbitrary rules:
http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/160484-SourceOP-Server-Rules-and-FAQs

http://topnotchclan.com/showthread.php?1472-Official-Server-Rules
Only mentions tagging TN.

http://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/
Again no mention of clan tags but mentions rules for making false reports

http://www.tf2newbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,6889.0.html

http://www.theville.org/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=2

drak

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »
When I first joined this server a while back, guess what. I had the pleasure of playing against PrettyGirlsMakesGraves constantly and the multiple medics that were glued to his ass. I never played Payload. I never knew a demoman could be that powerful. Everyone always teamstacked his team when he played under that name handle. I came from 2Fort Skial. Not much of a breeding ground for any type of teamplay dynamic. Here's the difference I see. I chose to play on here as an opportunity to learn new things. There's a multitude of ways to improve your game. What I've seen by a vast majority of the complainers is an excuse to demonize and polarize against one group. For the most part, a lot of us are just playing as individuals on the same team. An occasional msg back and forth for a little assistance on  a few things but there are no miracles occurring. This "griefing"/"trolling" you speak of? Regulars have been doing it on this server for ages and are still playing. Most here just accept it as the norm because they are regulars and not new names. I rarely type in chat you know why? Because I just play the game. Plain and simple.

Crocodile Dundee{EMC}
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:45:23 PM by drak »

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 03:55:54 PM »
We added a rule recently regarding impersonation. Please see the rules here: http://hyperiongaming.org/index.php?topic=50.0 .

Also, team stacking is against the rules. Playing with friends is not against the rules. But if you decide to clan up and stack a team with 4+ clan members, then it is team stacking.

Acting like a "douchebag" is also against the rules, believe it or not. If you're making other people feel uncomfortable or making their experience unenjoyable, then you may get banned for it (this doesn't include winning a lot). We (mostly I) don't give warnings for this kind of behavior.

If you see anyone breaking the rules or if you see questionable behavior, please take a screenshot if applicable and PM Plasma or Dave, or send an email to admin@hyperiongaming.org . Please include the server, the player's name, and the date and time when it occured.

Edit: Regarding team stacking, it's mainly an issue if it's giving your team an unfair advantage. If you think the other team has no chance and you've got 4 clan members on your team, consider having one switch over. The alternative is a likely scramble, which would split your clan/friends.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:14:11 PM by Dave »
-Dave
Co-Admin

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 07:53:40 PM »
Added bans for Outback Jack {EMC}, Koala Hugger{EMC}, Crocodile Dundee{EMC}, and Crocodile Hunter{EMC} for griefing/trolling.

Thread locked.
-Dave
Co-Admin