Poll

Would you rather see a map rotation or a VOTE

Rotation for variety!
18 (60%)
Vote
12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 29

*AuthorTopic: Rotation vs MapVote  (Read 8671 times)

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Rotation vs MapVote
« on: March 22, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »
Basically, I love the servers, but am not a fan of playing upward/goldrush every other time.  I love variety such as Thundermountain and Frontier!!!  I'm a fan of rotation and I think it's been discussed before, but I just wanted to bring it up again and see what the people think.

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Rotation vs MapVote
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
AND HOODOO!

Keizersoze

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 09:28:58 PM »
Yeah I totally agree, I haven't been playing TF2 for very long relatively, but I am already getting a little tired of playing the same couple maps.  There are a lot of sweet maps out there that the majority of the players do enjoy playing!

Luminair

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »
It's getting REALLY stale playing Upward nonstop.  I'm imploring a rotating or at least force variety.  It would really mean a lot - I love playing on Hyperion; we really need a change.

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »
Just have a question about needing a change:
Do you feel like you're tired of playing the Payload mode in general and would like to see CP/CTF (koth is unlikely at this stage) added to the rotation? Or, do you want another separate server that runs CP/CTF mode?
Or, do you want to see more PL maps added to the Payload server (custom maps)? Finally, if we play with weights a little bit in order to boost thundermountain, barnblitz and hoodoo more compared to upwards, would that be a bit more variety?

I'm trying to get a sense of what we could do to vary the gameplay a bit for regulars, while still having players to play with. I really want to try to get as much feedback as possible on this; you can do this in this thread or in another one, I'll read it. We want to make sure regulars are having as much fun as possible on the servers (because without you guys there is no community), but at the same time, nobody wants to play on a ghost server or having to seed for hours before a few player show up.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:21:31 PM by Plasma »
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

missa

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »
I personally don't like the CP/CTF maps. I love the payload maps. Maybe more of a selection in the choice of maps for the vote? I don't really care either way as long as it stays as a payload server. I never get tired of the maps we play.  ;D

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »
Payload so far has always been my favorite game mode.  But what if we made server #2 just different game modes instead of payload?  It's a suggestion.  I haven't gamed with yall for a year yet, but me and another server regular were talking at work (BillSmash) about halloween.  Will you guys be rotating Halloween maps somehow?  There are so many goodies to find/earn or whatever during Halloween so I was just wondering. I would love to game with yall during halloween and all those festive maps lol

cassandra64429

• Cass
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
I also get bored with goldrush/badwater/upward cycle.  Then again I play more than just about anyone else on this server (kept woman).  More variety of payloads would be awesome imo, maybe some dustbowl or something.  But I think we have to remember that there is a reason why these maps are so popular, generally everyone likes to play them and they are easy (straightforward).  I am also not a fan of the voting and wish it would just rotate automatically.  I think a set rotation would be my number one want over anything else.
Don't run from me, I'm too lazy(fat) to chase...
Avid indoor enthusiast.

MeNimrod

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »
I also get bored with goldrush/badwater/upward cycle.  Then again I play more than just about anyone else on this server (kept woman).  More variety of payloads would be awesome imo, maybe some dustbowl or something.  But I think we have to remember that there is a reason why these maps are so popular, generally everyone likes to play them and they are easy (straightforward).  I am also not a fan of the voting and wish it would just rotate automatically.  I think a set rotation would be my number one want over anything else.

^^ This

The Admiral

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 08:22:53 PM »
I haven't played here for too long, but here's my grain of salt:

I'd like to echo the idea that the servers are popular at the moment and I wouldn't want to see a good thing go away because of that. On the other hand, it's nice to see new maps in the rotation every once in a while. I'd be happy seeing new maps int here there one at a time and seeing how the server numbers are affected. Also, I've seen servers that offer to port players over to another one of theirs. I think that if that can be implemented (if it hasn't already), that would be a great way to see where players want to go and what they want to play.

Also, I really like payload, so I would like to just say that I would be more willing to play if it was mostly payload with a few different types peppered in there.

/A

Luminair

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »
I'd also second a vote for some dustbowl, or any of the more popular CP maps (if they were to be added).

Thunder mountain should go at the very least.  The server either clears out, or is put to an RTV every time it pops up.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
I agree regarding upward. It's played roughly twice too often. I'll be looking at adjusting the map vote to reduce the number of times upward is played and to add more variety to the server's map cycle.

Regarding CP maps, it'd be more appropriate to add them to Payload Votation (the second server). That's something we'd definitely consider.
-Dave
Co-Admin

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
Will votation rotate Halloween maps when the event happens?  ;D

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
We did have Halloween maps during the event last year, on Votation, I think. It was part of the rotation.
And many Monoculii (?) were killed.
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

ATARIS

• Eat it Hankey.
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 07:28:14 PM »
Awesome to hear!!!!!! 
Looking forward to celebrating TF2 Halloween with you guys!!