Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
  • There can only be (1)Dave
    • View Profile
iPad
« on: July 22, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
I've been thinking of getting an iPad, but there's one thing that draws me away: there don't seem to be many good games. Does anyone own an iPad, and what's your experience with playing games on it?
-Dave
Co-Admin

thearrow

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: iPad
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »
I have an ipad2...

I have the mass effect infiltrator game, its like a cover shooter, and I like it, but I find holding the ipad and controlling the game pretty tiring. It use controls like you would a twin stick gamepad but it because the ipad is so much larger than a gamepad it's a lot tougher to control for me.

I think there are some good games out there for it, but it just depends what kind of experience you want from it. Like temple run is an addictive simple game and fun for a while, but then you would need another experience, becuase it is just the same think over and over. I think a game like civilization could work well too.

Is gaming the only use you are curious to buy one for? They are pretty good for other things, like reading comics and stuff.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »
For sure I'd use it for other stuff, like reading or watching movies. But I know I'll play games on it too. I guess I'm looking at fully-featured games, ideally rpgs.
-Dave
Co-Admin

thearrow

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 11:45:47 AM »
I've not tried any real RPGs on it yet, The Mass Effect infiltrator is the only one i've given serious playtime to and that is fully featured.

I'd say it can be done and infinity blade is obviously very good but it varies as to how well you handle the unit as to how well you will enjoy controlling it.

In general the ipad works as a gaming platform, I have the ipad version of kinectimals, it is well made as a game not as fully featured as the xbox version as I understand it.

At the moment though whenever I want to play something I'd rather play on my PC, my routine doesnt present itself with many moments when I would choose the ipad over the PC but if my commute was longer maybe I would use it then.

Mind you I was lucky enough to win mine in a raffle and didnt have to pay for it too. :)

cassis

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 07:53:21 PM »
are you into the final fantasy series? there's also chrono trigger as well. prices are decent and you get your money's worth imo. chaos rings is another game from square enix that's good. brandnew boy has an interesting battle style, but it kinda gets old. jetpack joyride's addicting as well as temple run.

right now my favorite's plague inc. it's basically the app version of pandemic, a flash game that's been around for a while. you create your own disease and try to wipe out the human race.

Dave

• Co-Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
Yeah chrono trigger definitely interests me. Chaos Rings 1/2 looks decent too. Thanks for the suggestions.
-Dave
Co-Admin