*AuthorTopic: SteamIDs are gone, say hi to AccountIDs  (Read 4100 times)

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
SteamIDs are gone, say hi to AccountIDs
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »
Well, Valve did it again. With today's TF2 Patch, they decided to move from SteamID (Steam2) to a new format called AccountID (Steam3). Obviously, they didn't warn Sourcemod devs nor server ops... no, that would be too easy. They didn't even bother to include that change in the patch notes.

Results:
Everything relying on Steam2 (SteamID) authentication is now broken: that means SourceMod privileges (VMs and Donors), GameMe stats, SourceBans, and more! Hurray!

What's your new shiny AccountID? Well, you can log on a server, open the console, and type "status" (without quotes) and you'll see yours! Another way is to take your old SteamID and use this formula:

Code: [Select]
The old Steam format for TF2 is STEAM_0:X:Y
The new format is [U:1:Z] where Z is (Y*2)+X

Easy, right?
--

What does this mean for you?
Well, right now, it means everything is broken and all plugin authors need to hurry up and change the way the system works. We'll have to do the same for our VMs and Donors, obviously.

Please be patient. All servers running SourceMod, SourceBans and Stats are being affected by today's sudden massive change. We'll find a solution but for now, please understand the current situation!

I'll keep you guys updated in this thread!
Thank you Valve!
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Twisted_Shadow

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Back From Vacation
    • View Profile
Re: SteamIDs are gone, say hi to AccountIDs
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »
At this point, They are probably gonna have to make a new College Course... Valve Math 101

Anyways, Is there a way we can find out our new AccountID, or will we have to wait for all the plugins and what not to update first?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:38:45 PM by Twisted_Shadow »

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:57 PM »
As I said in my post above, you can log on a TF2 server, and type "status" in console. It will show your new AccountID. Otherwise, use the formula above. You can see your old Steam2 SteamID on this website: http://steamidconverter.com/

Don't update your SteamID on your profile here on this site for now. With some luck, we'll be able to figure out a way. For now, please be patient! Thank you!

Oh and this change doesn't affect NS2 by the way. NS2 already uses their own NS2ID... which is based on Steam2, but I don't think it matters. It will only affect Source games, TF2 only for now I think, though Valve is already using Steam3 internally for Steam purchases, etc...
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

Plasma

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • HyperionGaming.org
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »
Good news everyone!
Sourcemod devs have released a new build that fixes most issues. You should now be able to once again receive your Verified Member and Donor privileges in-game (sprays, chat colors/tags, reserved slots, etc...).

Stats are still a bit broken. GameMe devs need to release an updated version too. For now, you may see two different stats, one using your old SteamID account and one with your new AccountID. I'm hoping GameMe still manage to merge these two accounts at some point.

There might still be some issues left, so if you notice something isn't working properly, you can either notify us here in this thread or send me a PM directly.

Thanks again for your patience! :)
Public Group:
--
Private Group:

cowking

• Moo
  • Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Moo
    • View Profile