*AuthorTopic: Suspected Hacker  (Read 5528 times)

Kzamo123

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • I do things with my thing and stuff.
    • View Profile
Suspected Hacker
« on: March 14, 2015, 09:44:35 PM »
Ive recently noticed a new player who goes by the name of Merci Beaucoup!. They usually top the scoreboard in a matter of a few minutes. Not only that, they've accumulated quite some points in the short amount of time they've been here, around 130,000 in less than a month. Me and others have suspected him of hacking and I decided to spectate him. After all he does have the tell tale signs. No/minimum hats and private account. Below is video evidence ive gotten of him hacking and hope it can be used to punish him as you see fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SNzb7kEBs&feature=youtu.be
I love you

Merci_Beaucoup

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile

Jukie

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Suspected Hacker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 12:01:30 PM »
Dailymotion wont protect you. Defend yourself. Refute the video brah.

DrunkUncle

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »
Stv demos aren't reliable
"But if you were right and someone was using a bot then recording a demo and posting it here and having someone experienced review it tick by tick would reveal that bot and you could "catch" me."
"I was never kicked from the server?"

Wolfpup

• TF2 Admin - Rank: 2
  • Junior Admin
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 05:08:55 PM »
As to the video, I've had the same thing happen. The hit detection blows in this game at times.

I was just commenting not long ago how I can mask someones face with my reticle (Believing it should have been a HS.) and it's a "miss" yet shoot well over/to the side of their head and it registers as a HS. (When I would have said it was clearly a miss from my perspective.)

I have spec'd Merci_Beaucoup and been watching as they miss 3-4 times before getting a HS. From what I have spec'd, it could be me. (Referring back to my earlier statement.)

I'm not of the opinion I'd be comfortable banning them based of what I've seen in-game nor in the video. Could I be wrong? Sure, but if we banned everyone who was accused without better proof we wouldn't have much of a community. Hell, I've been accused of cheating and I can guarantee you I have never cheated in a FPS'r in my life! I'd need to see something more telling so if someone can provide better proof we can go from there but at the current time Merci_Beaucoup wont be banned. (By me.)

edit: reworded a bit.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:21:46 PM by Wolfpup »

freezing

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It's not enough that I succeed, others should fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »
Aren't Stv demos 16 tick? I feel like slowed down this much you could make a case for nearly anyone on a 16tick demo. Especially with how wonky the net code is as wolf said.

frylok

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 03:31:13 AM »
Yea source demos aren't much of an indicator when it comes to something like this...client/server packets etc never match up 100% so you see stuff like this all the time.  If you were watching it from Merci's computer the crosshair would be on the target...

It's pretty much the basis for how facestabs work etc...if you want to learn more about the game's netcode read up some of the stuff stabbystabby has said about client/server interactions

jackflash

• Verified Member
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
Yes this is poor hit boxes/latency.  I get these both ways, obvious headshots miss, and obvious misses headshot.

Aimbots really just aim for the head for you, and maybe fire too, wall hacks let you see through walls.
The easiest way to catch a hacker is when they're doing both, and you can see them looking at people through walls. 

Easiest way to spot a hacker is when they move to new targets quickly when they would normally have no idea they are there.  Or like today, I saw a guy never looking behind him for spies(1,600 hours and was playing good enough where he'd do this once) or they don't bother checking anywhere for anyone unless someone is there.  So if you see a guy running around, not checking corners, always facing forward, gun in the middle of the screen, doesn't look behind him, doesn't look anywhere, but manages to kill everyone around him, hes hacking.